- In the cPanel at my hoster, I created a new user for the forum database and remebered the password.
- Used this http://www.phpbb.com/support/documents. ... ickinstall Quick install guide.
- Uploaded the files to the webserver. After point 6 in the Quick Installation Guide:Click the INSTALL tab, follow the steps and fill out all the requested information.
I got thisTables with the specified prefix already exist
error. I get that error, because I try to create new tables that already exist in the database. So after a search on the internet i found the solution. I created a new config.php file:
Code: Select all
// phpBB 3.0.x auto-generated configuration file
// Do not change anything in this file!
$dbms = 'mysql';
$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbport = '';
$dbname = 'mydatabase name';
$dbuser = 'newly created user';
$dbpasswd = 'new password';
$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';
$acm_type = 'file';
$load_extensions = '';
// @define('DEBUG', true);
// @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
- Uploaded the new config.php file to the web server.
- Pointed my browser to install/database_update.php
- Removed the install folder on the server as explained in the Guide.
- Changed the permission on config.php to 644 and finally
- Pointed my browser to the forum, logged in and everything was OK.
If you have trouble with the upgrade and decide to do a new installation of the file system, don't try to create new data base tables if you intend to use your existing database with all the posts.